I remember drawing these - site plans help one understand the surrounding context in a different way. Personally, once I have understood what I have drawn (2D), it is much easier to then go to the site and translate that into the physical environment (3D). In other words, I love looking and reading maps. This interest was particularly useful in the Rome trip, where we had to study maps by Tempesta and Nolli, and then comparing them with prints by Falda, Vasi, Piranesi - to see how the urban pattern of Rome had evolved.
- Photographs: Materiality and Melbourne
- Jessica Tong
- Zumthor, John Cage and Olafur Eliasson
- Thinking Architecture by Peter Zumthor
- Christian Boltanski
- Iteration, and John Brack
- The Golden Egg
- This is how I spend my Friday nights, ha-ha
- Site Plans
- Jim Lambie, ACCA and Gasworks Arts Park
- Rome: St Peter's Basilica and Bernini's Piazza San...
- Movement: Melbourne Aquarium
- ▼ August (14)