More Bennett

"The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. Now here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours."

Moving on, (if you were wondering) the word 'boredom' was invented by Charles Dickens, in Bleak House, in 1852.
I would also like to add that, I do realise that I have been writing about things not related directly to architecture. This is, and will remain a place of art, architecture and design in general ... but it is also important not to pigeon-hole yourself. To me, meaningful and evocative architecture not only self references, but also relate to (reference, and influenced by) other fields of interest. Thus, I am in an attempt to expand my knowledge by indulging in some good literature and music ... also a very summery thing to do, don't you think? I guess I can then draw a parallel to Ricky Swallow and the importance of music in his practice - he stressed this in an interview for The Age a few months ago. So, in his exhibition at NGV Australia, Ricky Swallow: The Bricoleur, there is a wee nook where he has handpicked a few sweet tunes for us.
OH, having said that, however, I am by no means saying that I am comparable to Mr. Swallow, of course.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.